Sunday, August 23, 2009

My inspiration.

It's important that I answer the question, "what on Earth makes me think I'm even capable of such a thing as a half marathon?", because I have never been into running. I'm really not athletic. I can honestly say I wouldn't even be doing this if it wasn't for one person's example and this very inspiring and memorable blog post. (be careful; reading that post will make you want to sign up for a race!)

That post was written by my sister, Maury.


Maury has sort of turned into a legend in our family. I wonder if she gets tired of talking about running because it seems like everytime the family gets together, we always talk with amazement and admiration about Maury and her marathons. But seriously, she's amazing. Who runs a 5k a week after having a baby?! And who runs a marathon 3 months after having a baby? The accomplishments go on and on.

So my very first Thank you goes to Maury for inspiring me to make a goal that I never even desired to make before, let alone one I can feel confident about completing.